Monday, June 8, 2009

Annie


Citrus Wedding Cake:

This cake really shows Summer time is here with bright vibrant citrus colors that are set off by a back drop of smooth white fondant, brown apple blossoms cascade through falling slices of citrus fruit. Each tier is separated by fresh limes, lemons and oranges. Sliced oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruit accent the base and cake topper pulling the citrus theme from top to bottom.

I made this cake for my sister whose favorite color has always been bright sunshiny yellow.  I helped her plan and decorate her entire wedding reception.  This was one of the funnest most colorful weddings that I've ever been to.  Thanks Annie for letting me be a part of the planning process!

Three tier wedding cake was made with three unique flavors to pull out the citrus flavor of the fruit that sits atop each tier.
Bottom Layer: Orange Marmalade cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting,
Middle Layer: Raspberry Lemonade cake with White Chocolate Cream Cheese and Raspberry-Lemonade Frosting
Top Layer: Creamy Key Lime Cake with Lime pudding filling and Coconut Buttercream Frosting.
All decorations are edible.

2 comments:

kaye said...

This was such a fun cake, so bright and fun to look at--and then so tasty. The most fun part was after the cake was cut, the cake was dismantled. It was like unwrapping a gift, we then served this cake with vanilla ice cream. The flavors of each layer were so delicious. The guests were served and were soon calling out for a sampling of each layer. I would recommend that any one wanting to liven up their wedding serve out pieces of this amazing cake.

Annie said...

I click on this originally because I thought it looked so pretty and fresh. Imagine my surprise and delight when I saw the name ANNIE at the top. Serendipity!!

Creating Custom Wedding, Birthday and Shower Cakes
to suit your personal taste and style.
Cakes by Heidi also specializes in Fun or Fancy Cakes
for any Special Occasion.